Email ticket data auto import is not supported at the moment. To import email tickets from Salesforce, please export the tickets from Salesforce first before importing them to the Ultimate Dashboard.
Another use case is when your customers tend to use pre-chat form as the first point of contact before they proceed to chat, and you have imported chat data but need the first message to get the whole picture.
To export data from Salesforce:
After logging in to Salesforce,
Click on the 9 dots icon in the top left corner, a search bar will appear
Search for "reports", then click "Reports"
Click New Report in the top right corner
- Search for "cases" and select Cases
- Click Continue to create a report
You should see a draft where you can enter pieces of information needed for your report on the left by adding it as a column. Make sure to add these:
- Case Owner
- Case Number
- Any other filed you deem relevant to import and understand the topic (we usually use "subject+description" where the description is the initial user request)
Click Save & Run
- Enter the name and select the folder it should be saved to as prompted
- In the top right corner, click the triangle next to edit to open the dropdown menu
- Select Export > Formatted Report, it'll be saved as an .xlsx file.
- Now that you have an exported file, follow the steps in Importing historical data manually to finish the process.