Before you start
You must authorize Zendesk Support first before you can start importing your historical data into the Ultimate's Dashboard.
You can import data as long as the Zendesk account used for this is an admin - it doesn't have to be a bot's account.
No need to toggle the automation engine for this.
To import data from Zendesk Support:
- Authorize Zendesk Support in Dashboard
- Once it's authorized, scroll down to Import Conversations and click Import Conversations under Zendesk Support.
Note - The import rate limit is dependent on your Zendesk Support Plan type - you can find more information on rate limits here
- A drawer will pop out from the right. Here you can specify any parameters:
- Timeframe: Specify the timeframe of the conversations you wish to import (No more than one month!)
- Tag: Import conversations that have this tag
- Channels to import from: Select the channel(s) from which you would like to import conversations
- Depth of threads to import: By default, we will import the first 2 exchanges of a conversation thread, if you would like more please enter the number of threads you would like to import per conversation
- Import Tags: Check the box if you wish to import existing Zendesk tags with the conversations (the tag will appear as labels in Conversation Logs)
- Group: Import conversations assigned to the group(s).
- When entering more than one group, separate them by comma
- Make sure the names match as how they appear in Zendesk Support
- Select Import Only
- If you wish to create an impact report, select Industry Model or Current Model. To understand our models, read Impact Report models
- Click Import and give it 10-20 minutes to import
- Go to Conversation Logs to check the imported data.
- Once you have confirmed that all the data you want to import is in Conversation Logs, you can import more if it's necessary.
- Unauthorize Zendesk Support in the Dashboard to make sure there is no future confusion for the bot launch.