- Admin access to the virtual agent in the Ultimate Dashboard
- Zendesk subscription
- Zendesk Agent Workspace
- A Sunshine Conversations license
Step 1: Create a new app in Sunshine Conversations
- If you already have an app in Sunshine Conversations connected to your Zendesk instance, continue to Step 4.
- If you use Zendesk but don't have an app in Sunshine Conversations already, continue to Step 2.
- If you use other platforms other than Zendesk, skip Step 4 or contact us.
Step 2: Connect the Sunshine app to your Zendesk instance
⚠️ Warning! - This step is crucial for Ultimate to work and can only be done by Sunshine Conversations or Zendesk.
Ask your account manager at Sunshine Conversations or Zendesk to add your Zendesk account to the app created in Step 1 in Sunshine Conversations. If this is completed, you will see Zendesk listed as a connected integration once you clicked into the app in Sunshine Conversations.
Step 3: Configure Group Integration Parameters in the Ultimate Dashboard
You'll need to add Sunshine Conversations as the CRM integration first before configuring integration parameters for authorization.
ℹ️ Note: We have added Sunshine Group routing. It's a new feature that allows routing to different virtual agents in our Dashboard in order to accommodate different customer inquiries in different channels.
Therefore we recommend using this for all our customers using Zendesk Messaging and Sunshine Conversations even if you have only one virtual agent at the moment.
To add Sunshine Conversations as the CRM integration:
- Go to Settings > CRM Integration
- Click Add CRM Integration
- Select Sunshine Group > Create Group
- For the field Transfer group, enter the group ID of the agent group in Zendesk. Click here to find out how to locate the group ID.
- Avatar URL is an image that can be used as a profile image for your avatar within the chat area. The SunCo API behind the feature is the postMessage endpoint. As stated by the documentation, the avatarUrl must be in either JPG, PNG, or GIF format.Note - this is only visible on Sunshine conversations currently and is not shown in Zendesk.
To configure group integration parameters:
- In Settings > CRM Integration
- Click Group Integration Parameters. A new page will open.
- Obtain the information on this page from the app created in Step 1 in Sunshine Conversations. The information here is needed to authorize the connection between Ultimate and Sunshine.
To obtain group integration parameters from Sunshine Conversations:
Click the app created in Step 1 and go to Settings
Copy the following app parameters to enter in Ultimate's Dashboard:
- App ID
Note - Click Create new API key if you don't see any
- Click Save.
Step 4: Authorize connection between Ultimate and Sunshine
This step is only needed if you use Sunshine Conversations with Zendesk. If you use other platforms other than Zendesk, skip this step and contact us.
- Keep the Ultimate Dashboard as is
- Open and log in to Sunshine Conversations in a different tab
In the Ultimate Dashboard, under Authorization, click Authorize Sunshine Conversations
A new page will open
Select the app created in Step 1
This is complete when you see the button in the Ultimate Dashboard changes to Unauthorize Sunshine Conversations
ℹ️ Note: This only has to be done once if you have more than one Ultimate virtual agent.